Monday, November 16, 2009

Are there military jobs for an AF reservist?

I am considering joining the AF reserves.





Note being active duty, I understand that I will not get paid for being in the AF reserves, aside from the "one weekend a month %26amp; two weeks a year pay".





I'm thinking about my options as far as work, and income.








Here are my questions:





Are there jobs in the AF that I can work in and get paid for (full or part time), as a reservist? Possibly for the job in which I train for? Or another job other than the one I will train for?





Working a civilian job for the AF. Would that be an option for me? If so, what exactly are the types of civilian jobs in the AF?





As a reservist, how long will my technical training (or job training be)?


Is it shorter than active duty, or is it all based on the job I pick?


And, will I be getting paid the whole time I am in school/training for my particular job/speciality?





What types of bonus' do they offer AF reservists?

Are there military jobs for an AF reservist?
There's the Air Reserve Technician Program (ART): "The Air Reserve Technician (ART) program offers full-time employment with a reserve unit. This is a dual-duty position as both a civil service government employee and as a reservist. ARTs must meet all qualifications for both civil service and the Air Force Reserve. "








http://www.afrc.af.mil/library/jobs/inde...


No comments:

Post a Comment