Monday, November 16, 2009

Offered two jobs at once. How to keep from burning bridges?

About two weeks ago, I interviewed for two jobs within a few days of each other. On the day I interviewed for job 2, job 1 made an offer. I put them off for a few days, but after contacting Job 2 to ask for status and not hearing back, I told Job 1 that I accepted their offer.


Friday, Job 2 contacted me, and they want me to work there. It's a better job in the long run, and if I'd been offered both at the same time, I'd take Job 2. But I'm supposed to start work at Job 1 on Monday.


How do I let Job 1 down without burning bridges? I may want to work there in some capacity someday, even if the current position is not the most beneficial right now.

Offered two jobs at once. How to keep from burning bridges?
Job 2 might not be such a good job - you did say you asked for status and they didn't get back to you... perhaps a lack of organization.





But, either way - my advice is to tell Job 1 exactly what happened. Be honest about the opportunity that Job 2 has. And if you can, offer to stay on part-time/weekends (if possible). Be very professional and courteous, and I bet you that if you come back to them in the future, they'll remember your professionalism.
Reply:goto www.baajaa.com





and post a free resume.


post a job in nominal price. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment