Thursday, November 19, 2009

If getting a job really involves so much, then how is it that OTHER people have jobs, yet I always..10 points!

I just turned 22 and am supposed to graduate from college in May. I have ALWAYS had trouble getting a job, because I walk in looking/acting professionally and apply for jobs, even include my resume, but then they never call me about a job. I went to the campus carreer center and they reccomended that I try to follow up on my applications, which I have done, but all I ever hear is that the employer will call me if they "want to hire me"8-| And yet despite this EVERYONE else in one of my classes at this college seems to have a job and think nothing of it, like it is that easy to just get a job. And believe me when I say that their work ethic is a MILLION times lower than mine, and they dress or act professionally. So how is it that all of these people got a job despite CLEARLY being less motivated than me and not dressing or acting professionally?

If getting a job really involves so much, then how is it that OTHER people have jobs, yet I always..10 points!
I only read about half of your post, and in my opinion it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. I'm sorry you may have a hard time finding a job, but I see a common factor.....rejection. That is telling me that you need to change something on your end. Confidence is good, but overconfidence and showing it is bad. It's all in the presentation of yourself and what you bring to the table.
Reply:Follow up with employers. If they aren't hiring now, maybe they will be next month.


Networking is the best way to land in the work force.

dds

No comments:

Post a Comment