Thursday, November 19, 2009

Jobs helping people with disabilities?

I really want a job where I’m helping people who genuinely need assistance. I’m an administrator and have always enjoyed the elements of my job where I provide help and guidance to people with disabilities. Have worked in a conference centre, bank, cruise company and two training providers. In these jobs, nobody else has wanted to provide assistance and I have always stepped in with no reservations. e.g., in one job, we had some students with dyslexia and according to my colleagues ‘a pain to deal with’. I do not find this the case. I spoke to a couple of dyslexic students and helped them with their queries and really felt happy that I was doing all that I could to help them. There are occasions where I’m unable to provide assistance, but I always try my best.


Would love to work for a charity. Unfortunately, unable to work voluntarily. Are there any good websites that I should look at for more guidance? London/Kent based jobs. Maybe moving to Dublin, so that is also an option.

Jobs helping people with disabilities?
Do you have rehabilitation centers in your area? Also do a search on non-profits (they have paid positions as well). Check with churches and see if they are aware of anything - they usually know more than you think they would about who needs what. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment