Monday, November 16, 2009

Driving jobs but not Tractor trailer.?

I have a CDL class B and when I look for driving


jobs 90% are Class A or local delivery jobs that


want you to work as a Independent Contractor


and I don't want that. Why are there not more jobs


in the non-tractor trailor sector. In the 1980s there


were lots of courier jobs but most of those are gone now. I currently drive a straight truck for


UPS-SCS(formerly Emery Worldwide) and been


there 18 years and the air freight business is terrible right now unlike 11 years ago we were


very busy. I am wondering if I lose my job how


difficult will it be to find a CDL Class B driving job?


Seems like class B jobs are very few and far between.

Driving jobs but not Tractor trailer.?
When people pay a wage, they want to get the biggest bang for the buck, particularly with a shortage of drivers.





Why not upgrade to A class? You are right that B class is a dying option.
Reply:School bus Driver ,


Para Transit


Get a Haz Mat endorsement and you can drive a propane truck


Garbage truck .


Tow truck.





and other vehicles that require a Class B.

dds

No comments:

Post a Comment